Saturday, October 14, 2006

October 13th: A Week in Review

Well, let's see. To my surprise here I am at Saturday already with load of time to complete some outstanding work items as well as get some sleep and what am I doing first off? Blogging.

To tell you the truth, this week has shaped up to be a lot better than expected. I went to Ottawa, which turned out to be a very good 2 day visit with the typical "lot of conversation" and now I am in the big TO. Well, what does 1 girl do in such a big city?

Day #1: I stayed in my hotel room working most of the day and then went into the IBM office and worked a bit then came back to the hotel, logged on and worked a bit more. That was yesterday.

Day #2: Now, what to do on a Saturday? My intention...you know the good ones that we all seem to have and sometimes come to fruition, is to work on a course that I have to complete sooner than later. Completing the course would really take a weight off my shoulders, which is a good thing! Now, I have all week to do this, but you and I both know that once the week begins the need for this and than by all the people in the office coming back to work will likely squash some of the time I had set aside for this course.

However, I have this huge urge to go into the city this morning and just take a peek around. Is it safe? likely not, but fun...definitely! I want to have a cafe mocha at one of those small little coffee shops with a yummy muffin of some sort and then maybe shop around for something you would not see in New Brunswick. Now, the good part of doing this now, at 8am in the morning is that I will likely get back by lunchtime and start the work I am so wanting to get done...it is like having your cake and eating it too.

So, I think I have definitely convinced myself that this is what I am going to do now. I will post later on this week about my adventure, likely......before I post my assignment, which is always a pleasure to complete : * )

Sincerely, the girl in search of a great cup of coffee in the big city of Toronto

No comments: